The Camper Build

This is the Blog Addendum. To see the main page, go here.

Friday, April 8, 2011

Lucky Score

We get some pretty large stuff though receiving ranging anywhere from massive bundles of cables to shipboard cabinets. Much of that stuff arrives by freight either on a heavy duty pallet or crate. 2 days ago, I floated an email to the guys in receiving asking them to pretty please keep any ¾ or 11/32 ply for me rather than toss it into the dumpster. Well, this afternoon (after getting my skull drilled by a sadist in latex gloves; read: dentist0 I get stopped by one of said guys telling me that a stack of 3’x6’x ¾” plywood is mine for the taking.
Although this won’t fit in my car and I don’t feel like getting a loan to drive my truck to work, my intentions for these boards don’t require them to be 3’x6’. Remember those 1x2” lumber that I was going to buy for the ribs?
Here’s an awesome new circular saw with an edge guide set to 2”. I got 6 boards to play with and I only need 12 long sections for the upper and lower rib sections. I then need an assortment of much shorter bits. I’d done the math earlier to know that I’d need at least 13 8 foot boards of lumber to make the ribs, but I haven’t rerun my calculations on having only 6 foot boards. Anyway, I managed to provide for myself 19 6' boards that would have seriously cut into my budget.
Oh and I somehow dented in the plastic cover over the camera in my phone so now all my photos look like ass- bent and distorted ass. I found a place to order a new one and I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make it cool, smart or funny, or even polite.
Otherwise, put it on your own blog.