So, contact cement is a pain. My first go at even this modest task went all shitty. I guess I was over confident and the fiberglass went on crooked. This immediately made me regret every decision in my life, especially the ones about buying several hundred dollars of fiberglass wall panel.
But I resolved to get help for the roof and use set-up fixtures and do a dry run. So we'll see how that goes.
Meanwhile:
 |
| Step 1- do a quick layout, allowing for room on the edges for trimming later |
 |
| Add 2 coats of contact cement, to both the door and the fiberglass panel |
 |
| Once started, it can't be stopped. I tried to work up the first panel that I messed up and it immediately cracked off. I had better luck this time |
 |
| Since I covered my hinge holes, I figured I had to drill from the far side back through the panel.. Of course, you have to drill all the holes through first so you have these handy holes on the far side. |
 |
| A little router action later and the panel is trimmed gorgeously |
 |
| Ready for the window. I have to drill through for the door latch, still. When it's done, I'll stow it in the basement or something because I've washed that window like a dozen times... |
No comments:
Post a Comment
Make it cool, smart or funny, or even polite.
Otherwise, put it on your own blog.