The Camper Build

This is the Blog Addendum. To see the main page, go here.

Monday, April 30, 2012

Mothereggscratcher....

With Spring deciding it's here to stay and summer around the corner, I took this weekend to unpack the camper, tools and the work in progress. I'm happy to report that the kerfed plywood was still intact and hadn't split through like I was kinda afraid it would. I cleaned out a lot of unused crap, made a trip to the dump and even went so far as to wheel the camper out into the driveway. I really want to get this thing done, now.

I plan on using a paint sprayer when it comes time to do the painting and finishing but I need to get my compressor operational. It had blown out the pressure switch diaphragm which I replaced over the weekend, but the bleed valve won't shut and I can't get any pressure out of the thing while the valve is installed. I troubleshooted the thing for an hour or two and finally turned to the internet. I need to disassemble the check valve, now, since that's probably the source of the new issue.

But when I was in the garage futzing with the compressor, a gust of wind knocked down my kerf panel and it split and now I have to start all over. Though I'm profoundly annoyed at this new batch of bullshit, it's caused me to rethink the kerf plan since I'll have a series of very thin wall sections on the roof, who can say I won't have a split when the camper is all done and I'm committed?

So I'm going to revisit the thin marine grade plywood laminates and/or shelling out for 1/4" flexible ply.

Double sigh...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make it cool, smart or funny, or even polite.
Otherwise, put it on your own blog.