This weekend was a disappointment on several levels. I was able to work despite my finger error but I didn't get nearly as much done as I wanted. I really was hoping to get most of the sides on, skids on and the bottom painted. Problem was, the paint seemed to serve only to make the camper, already rapidly growing in mass, that much harder to push back onto its cart.
But at least the bottom is finished, for all intents. I sealed any gaps with wood filler, painted with 2 coats of Killz, which should sufficiently waterproof it and I shouldn't have to get back under it anytime soon.
That said, I will have to roll the thing back on its other side to attach the sections of skin. There's a little gap between the panel joints at all the corners but I have a plan for that.
 |
| Skids on, glued and trimmed (with my japanese pull saw) Can you say "Dozuki"? This was at about 2pm. |
 |
| Much later and I have the bottom painted and several of the side skin panels on. I also have some cut for the other side. Since I already poured the paint, I painted what I could until I was out. Since Killz is primer, afterall, any paint I apply now is paint I don't have to apply later. I still have to pull the windows, but I won't be painting again until I get more wood on. |
I still need the flexible ply, but money money money. Also, complaining. And the bigger picture is that I need to divorce myself from the idea that I'll be able to just heft the thing in and out of the truck. I need a smarter trailer/lift solution. I have a plan for that, too.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Make it cool, smart or funny, or even polite.
Otherwise, put it on your own blog.