The Camper Build

This is the Blog Addendum. To see the main page, go here.

Sunday, October 9, 2011

Fitcheck

The camper is massively heavy, but in the spirit of working smarter instead of harder, I was able to leverage the camper up and into the bed of the truck. I was even able to shut my rusty tailgate.

Among the lessons learned, I wish I made it with thinner plywood. I think that's the forward plan, anyway, since a good half of the camper still has to be skinned. The base, front and rear are very solid as they are, so I'm somewhat glad it's built the way it is.

Also, it's really not the weight of the camper, but the instability of the cart it's on. I couldn't apply any leverage or anything without the cat rolling away. So a new cart is definitely in order. Pretty good timing, at least, since the current cart broke 2 of its wheels as I tried to get the camper back in to the garage. They sunk into the gravel and all of the shoving  I tried ended up just ripping the lag screws out.

I think it's an easy fix, but I'm exhausted and feeling defeated even in the face of this significant milestone.

Anyway, here's a photo.

1 comment:

Make it cool, smart or funny, or even polite.
Otherwise, put it on your own blog.