The Camper Build

This is the Blog Addendum. To see the main page, go here.

Sunday, September 11, 2011

The Door















Here's the door cut from the solid end panel. There's a 48" piano hinge running down the one side. It's a little long, but I'll pull it off and trim it at work.

I framed the inside of the door with some leftover 2" wide plywood. This surface is also where the gasket/weatherstripping will go. There's my 115VAC supply, too.

And the inside of the door. I'm using a spring loaded handle identical to the one I used in the escape hatch. There's also a little sliding lock. It probably won't hold up to someone determined to get into the camper, but whatever- 
I still need to get a latch that can be used on both sides like a doorknob. Something that doesn't require insertion into the jam itself, since there isn't one. Maybe something like an office cabinet knob? I'll figure it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make it cool, smart or funny, or even polite.
Otherwise, put it on your own blog.