So now that summer is over, time to get outside and start insulating this damn thing. I used my hand-held foam cutter to reduce some 2" thick panels to 2x2 strips. I made a neat little hot wire chop saw, too, and I'll eventually add a photo of that.
Cutting the 2" strips is a pain and I really only need them for the curved roof, so I'll wrap up the other side of the camper by measuring, marking and cutting single panels to fit the area between the ribs. I've since put 1/8" subfloor ply on this side. I'll use a circular saw with an edge guide set to 2" to make strips of the ply to wall up the curved section. I also made sure that, to do this, I made sure I start the strips about halfway up the height of the 2" foam strips. I mean, it'd be dumb to have the gaps in the plywood strip line up with the gaps in the foam.
All of this means I have to yank out my LED rope lights. I have half an idea to string them on the ceiling instead. They really do provide a nice, mellow, and thorough light inside the camper.
No harsh glare or gloomy shadows like I'd get from small spots or area lighting.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Make it cool, smart or funny, or even polite.
Otherwise, put it on your own blog.